I’ve craved an iPad ever since the first generation model was announced last year. As soon as the 2nd gen was launched I started hunting and picked up a barely used 1st gen for a bargain. My only regret is not getting one sooner! Here’s why:
- It can do almost everything my laptop does, it weighs a lot less and the battery lasts a lot longer. I do most of my work on my iMac, and now all my on-the-go admin work can be done on my iPad.
- Clients love looking at my portfolio on it. The reaction I’ve had from people swiping through my photos has been very positive. It managed to attract a small crowd at the last networking evening I went to!
- I can update my portfolio instantly. I had a nice big portfolio book printed in January, but it’s out of date already. With my iPad portfolio I can add new photos quickly with dropbox, and I can organize and edit photos accordingly for the client I want to show my portfolio to.
- I read a lot more blogs, magazines and books. The high quality screen and some well designed apps (Flipboard, Reeder etc) make browsing and reading content very quick and enjoyable.
- Wireless Tethering (kinda). Ok, so I still need a laptop wired into the camera but I can make images appear instantly on the iPad screen with the LiveView app. (I will post a how to guide in the future)